Transferring photos from your iPhone to a computer is a common need, whether it’s for backup purposes, photo editing, or sharing with others.
One way to achieve this is to use a USB cable to transfer photos directly from your iPhone to your computer. Another option is to sync your iPhone with iCloud, allowing for automatic real-time photo transfers between your devices.
Now, let’s delve into the steps on how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via File Explorer
By accessing File Explorer, you can easily open your iPhone and find your photos. To transfer them to your PC, simply copy and paste the desired photos.
However, it’s worth noting that the computer does not display photos within albums, so you’ll need to search through various photo folders to find the specific ones you want. Therefore, if your purpose is to transfer photo albums from iPhone to PC, this may not be the most ideal method to choose.
1. Connect your iPhone to PC via USB cable > If prompted, tap “Allow” or enter your passcode on your iPhone.
2. Open “This PC” and locate your iPhone.
3. Click to open your iPhone and navigate to the “Internal Storage” folder.
4. Within the “Internal Storage” folder, find the “DCIM” folder and open it. Here, you’ll see folders named “100APPLE”, “101APPLE”, “102APPLE” and so on. These folders contain the pictures you want to transfer.
5. Browse through the folders and select the pictures you wish to transfer to your computer.
6. Finally, copy the selected pictures and paste them onto your computer.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via FoneTool
If you want to easily check your photo albums. You can try FoneTool, one iPhone transfer tool, designed specifically for Windows PC users. FoneTool offers a comprehensive range of features.
- It enables smooth data transfer between your iPhone and computer, as well as between iPhones. With FoneTool, locating and transferring specific albums or photos becomes a breeze, thanks to its ability to display all albums on your iPhone.
- What’s more, FoneTool ensures that your iPhone photos are transferred to your computer in their original, uncompressed quality, preserving the full resolution of each image.
Steps to transfer photos to computer:
- Open FoneTool and connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable. When prompted, enter the passcode on your iPhone.
- Once on the home interface, select the Phone Transfer option. Then, navigate to the iPhone to PC option.
- Select the specific album or individual photos that you wish to transfer to your PC.
- Click Start Transfer > Select the storage path (You are able to transfer photos from iPhone to USB flash drive.) > Finally, click Start Transfer.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via Photos app
This method offers a great solution for those who wish to avoid the hassle of connecting their iPhone to their computer to transfer photos. However, it’s important to note that each user is allocated only 5 GB of free storage space. If you have a large photo library, you may need to subscribe to a monthly plan for additional storage.
The cost is minimal, with options starting at $0.99 per month for 50 GB or $2.99 per month for 200 GB. Considering the seamless process of transferring photos from iPhone to computer through iCloud, I think this a small price to pay.
Step 1. Upload photos iCloud
Go to Settings > Tap your Apple ID > iCloud > finally Photos and turn on iCloud Photos. Once done, all your photos and videos will be synced to iCloud In iOS 16 and later, you should turn Sync this iPhone to upload your photos.
Step 2. Download photos on computer
- Open a browser and go to iCloud.com.
- Once there, enter your unique Apple ID and passcode to gain entry.
- Once logged in, click the “Photos” tab and download your photos.
Alternatively, if you prefer to download your photos directly to your PC, you install the iCloud for Windows app. After installation, sign in with your Apple ID and turn on photo sync.
These 3 methods can all help you transfer full resolution photos from iPhone to PC. Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. You can choose one according to your situation.